Every Child has the right to a full and productive life. It is up to all of us to ensure our children grow up in environments that build confidence, friendship, security and happiness, irrespective of a person’s family circumstances or background.
Keeping children safe from harm requires a vigilant and informed community that is confident in making judgements and is assertive in taking actions. It is essential that all practitioners working with children and young people are able to understand the role each plays in protecting children.
Child protection policy must be based on the principle of partnership and shared responsibility. As such this protocol provides a common framework for respectful communication which will enable professionals, including Grass roots clubs and Arsenal Soccer Schools Australia child protection staff to ensure timely and effective intervention for children and young people who may be at risk of abuse or neglect.
The challenge of protecting children is everyone’s responsibility: parents, schools, communities, governments and businesses. Everyone has a role to play.
The Safeguarding of children and Child Protection Policy is applicable to all Pro Touch Australia Management and staff whether paid, voluntary, permanent or casual and its affiliated regional/ local clubs.
This policy is informed by a set of principles derived from the Arsenal FC UK Safeguarding children policy and include:
- To safeguard all children and young people who interact with the School.
- To demonstrate best practice in the area of safeguarding children and young people.
- To develop a positive and proactive welfare program.
- To enable all children and young people to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment.
- To promote high ethical standards throughout.
- The child or young person’s welfare is, and must always be the paramount consideration.
- All children and young people have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief or age.
- All suspicions and allegations of poor practice or abuse will be taken seriously and responded to efficiently and appropriately.
- To ensure that staff, coaches, parents and other adults who come into contact with children and young people are good role models. Working in partnership with other organisations, children and young people and their parents/carers is essential.
The CEO of Arsenal Soccer Schools Victoria will be the Safeguarding Welfare Officer.
Download our Safeguarding Policy: PDF Document